May 26 (UPI) – Singer Ariana Grande announced Friday that she will perform a benefit concert in Britain in response to the terrorist attack at her show earlier this week.

The popular performer released a lengthy statement via Twitter Friday, which said she intends to return for a show in Manchester.

“My heart, prayers and deepest condolences are with the victims of the Manchester attack and their loved ones,” she said in opening the statement.

“The only thing we can do is choose how we let this affect us and how we live our lives from here on out,” it continued. “I have been thinking of my fans, and of you all, nonstop over the past week. The way you have handled all of this has been more inspiring and made me more proud than you’ll ever know.”

Grande, 23, didn’t specify the date of her planned return concert.

Nearly two dozen people were killed and dozens more were hurt Monday night in a bombing at the Manchester Arena, which occurred shortly after the singer’s concert concluded. Grande said after the attack that she was heartbroken.

“I’ll be returning to the incredibly brave city of Manchester to spend time with my fans and to have a benefit concert in honor of and to raise money for the victims and their families,” Grande wrote. “I will have details to share with you as soon as everything is confirmed.”

A number of teenagers and children were among those killed and wounded at the arena Monday.

A statement released by singer Ariana Grande on Friday expresses grief for the victims of the Manchester Arena bombing earlier this week, which killed nearly two dozen people and injured dozens more. Image courtesy Ariana Grande/Twitter



Source link

About The Author